A water softener gives endless benefits to the users and people benefitting from such systems finds it hard to imagine their life without it. It is a mechanical system which with time can result in a lot of issues. The issues are triggered mainly because of lesser maintenance, excessive use of the system or troubleshooting it totally in the wrong direction. However, keeping in mind a few important things can make your life a lot easier in terms of maintaining the equipment. In this guide, we will be telling you about all the useful tips and tricks which will help you to keep your water softener in a nice and healthy shape for lots of years to come.
Save money with repairing a water softener and not replacing it with a new one:
You can save a lot of money by looking to repair your water softener rather than replacing it completely with a new one. The malfunctioning problems with such systems are normally very minor ones which wouldn’t be a big deal to fix them in the first place. You must keep in mind that the price of the water softener is almost I the range of 600 to 1000 dollars which is quite a bit of money. The repairing with some part replacement of the system could cost you just a few bucks and that also extends the life of your equipment. Therefore, it is always advised to think wisely and go for a repair of the water softener system rather than replacing it. Some useful tips about keeping your water softener in a healthy shape are given below which you must check out.
Some useful tips for keeping your water softener in good and healthy shape for a very long time:
The following text presents you those golden tips which will help you in extending the life span of your water softener system:
- Pure salt must always be used for the purpose of iron removal from the water. The rock salt (standard) is far less expensive. However, it contains some contaminants which may cost you dearly in the long run. This rock salt can also buildup sediment in the brine tank which in return can clog the injector and also makes the control valve of the softener very hard to use.
- It is advised not to add salt unless all the earlier added salt in the tank is all used up. Once the need is there, then refill it with a proportion of 2/3rd.
- The iron-out must be used once every year for cleaning up the resin bed and also the control valve parts.
- The brink tank must be cleaned once every year; no matter how often it is used. The reason for the required cleaning is that even the pure salt can have a lot of contaminants.
- The softener’s drain line must always be kept above the grate which prevents it from accidental types of siphoning of the sewage system.